Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Summer Kitchen


summer kitchen:

noun
an extra kitchen, usually detached from a house, for use in warm weather.



I'm in the process of getting my summer kitchen set up. It's in the back room closed off from the rest of the house so as not to cause the air conditioner to work more than needed because the temperatures here in Phoenix can get up to 110 and more in the summer.

I decided to add a small convection oven this year because I figure it will pay for itself with what I save by not buying baked goods at the bakery. Other small appliances out there are 2 crockpots, a roaster, rice cooker, bread machine and an electric fry pan.

One day I am hoping that I will actually have a real working kitchen back there but until then I'll just keep "winging it". :)

No comments:

Post a Comment