Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Guests


1Peter 4:9 Use hospitality one to another without grudging.

Romans 12:13 Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.

Hebrews 13:2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I love having guests over! It gives me an opportunity to show them how much they mean to me. In other words: I SPOIL THEM!!

Some things I like to do for stay over guests:

*Make the bed with attractive linens.

*A bedside table with a reading light and clock. I also like to put out some bottled water and a glass.

*Leave some empty hangers and open space in the closet.

* Provide a place to put there suitcase.

* Put out a basket with things they may need like sample sized bottles of lotion, shampoo, conditioner etc. Chapstick and mints are nice too.

* leave some reading material to suit my guest.

* Place a small empty laundry basket in the room.

* Fresh flowers
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Even if the guests are only coming for a meal I will leave things in the bath to make their stay pleasant. The basket mentioned above works well. Fresh towels and of course extra rolls of toilet paper are very welcome too!

5 comments:

  1. That sounds wonderful Mitzey when our family comes to visit in a few months I will try out some of your suggestions, you had some wonderful ideas ~Blessings Love Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'd like to stay at your home. Lovely ideas.
    Alfazema

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful ideas to make guests feel welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ideas are great! And what a cute room! Is that a permanent guest room?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The picture is one off the internet.(I have issues with my camera right now.)I wish it was my guest room!

    ReplyDelete