Friday, February 19, 2010

Our Phoenix Remodel



Our first project is to get the kitchen done. As you can tell it is very much needed! The first thing we did was to remove the wall between the kitchen and the room next to it.

I am hoping to achieve a Tuscan s
ort of look. I found some nice floor tile and my hubby is working on a pattern for the floor. I am debating on tile for the counters.

My challenge will be the fact that there are no windows. The best I can think of is to paint the walls a cream color. I will keep searching!

I have a lot of black iron accents to use. I am looking for some more pottery to use as well.


The Colors I have tentatively picked out are Terra Cotta, cobalt blue, yellow and olive green.



4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the remodel we had to do that with our first home my husband and I did all the work thankfully with the home we just moved into the kitchen is new but we had to rip out all the floors and put new flooring in.~I like your idea with the cream color maybe really good lighting in that room as well would help. ~Blessings Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What a project! We're in desperate need of a kitchen redo too. Your ideas sound great. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

    Love, Katy Noelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Mitzey,

    I love a little french room! What a fun project and I can't wait to see when it's done! Thanks so much for stopping in and leaving such sweet comments!

    Hugs, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my first time visiting your lovely blog. I found it because you have so kindly become a Follower of my blog (smile). We have renovated a couple of rooms in our house, and it looks so great when it's finished. The process can be discouraging, but keep your goal in mind and before long, you'll have your cozy kitchen! I look forward to seeing your updates.

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete