Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Lace Curtains

A couple of days ago I put up my lace curtains and rolled out my braided rug in the living room. Such a simple thing. That evening my family gathered there and appreciated how much of a difference it made. Our house was now becoming our home.

Moving can be so stressful and tiring. I honestly wanted to just sit down with a book and put it off. In hearing the words of appreciation I am encouraged. I now want to sort through the boxes and continue. I want my family to be able to come home to their comfort and peace after their long day of working hard.

Why do we love certain houses, and why do they seem to love us? It is the warmth of our individual hearts reflected in our surroundings.
~ T. H. Robsjohn-Gibbings

Home, the spot of earth supremely blest,
A dearer, sweeter spot than all the rest.
~Robert Montgomery

1 comment:

  1. I love how it's the simple things that seem to "make everything better". Good luck in your continued moving!
    I always loved moving - having a new house to decorate and arrange and whatnot - until I was the grownup actually in charge. Umm... not so much now.

    ReplyDelete