Monday, May 3, 2010

Pantry Sweet Pantry


I can't tell you how excited I will be to fill a pantry again! When we sold our house in WA we knew we would be in "limbo" until we found a new house to buy and that our pantry items would be subject to the summer heat and would go rancid. We gave away almost all that was in our pantry and freezer to some large families we knew.

The kitchen in our Buckeye home didn't have enough storage to accommodate what I consider a proper pantry. With this new kitchen I will be in pantry heaven.

What will I put in my pantry? 3 kinds of whole wheat flour, whole rolled oats, stone ground whole grain corn and organic dried fruits are some things.

Oh the joy when once again I can just open my pantry and make something without having to go to the store first!

2 comments:

  1. It looks great. We just stocked our pantry too. I love having lots of goodies around the house :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard when you're moving a lot, we went through that a few years ago when we moved 3 times in one year. No fun. So glad you are able to fill your pantry again.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. The chicken tractor was pretty easy to build. I got the instruction book at

    http://www.organic-gardening-and-homesteading.com/chicken_tractor.html

    For the soil, we did mix our own according to the Square foot garden book. He suggest 1/3 compost, 1/3 vermiculite,1/3 peat moss. The vermiculite is hard to find and can be expensive, but so far our garden is proving that it's worth it. I planted a broccoli plant in regular soil, and it hasn't grown at all since we planted it and the others in the mixed soil we've already been able to harvest. Thanks again for coming by, I hope we can get to know each other.

    Blessings
    sara

    ReplyDelete